Are you bringing your spouse or child(ren) to the Northeastern Regional TpT Meet-Up? While the hotel offers a very cozy place to spend the day — from the pool, to the spa, to the televisions — the surrounding area has a lot of destinations that may be calling to your spouse as well!
1. Just moments from the hotel is a Regal Movie Theater with spacious reclining leather seats — a perfect place to kick back, get comfortable, and enjoy a good movie!
2. Eastview Mall is also a stone’s throw away from the hotel. Eastview boasts many stores, several good restaurants, and a food court worth perusing! Read more in Things To Do While in Rochester . . . Shopping!
3. L.L Bean has a large store that can be accessed from the parking lot at the mall. Also accessible from the mall parking lot are Home Depot, Old Navy, Best Buy, and Target. (Perhaps you could slip a Dollar Spot wish list into his wallet for him to shop for classroom supplies while you are growing your TPT knowledge!)
6. If your spouse wants to spend the day engrossed in physical activities, there are many golf courses around, including one right at the hotel, although we won’t know until closer to April if any will be open. We will be sure to update you all! The famous Erie Canal is just minutes away from the hotel and has trails that are great for running, walking, or biking on. If the weather cooperates, bikes can be rented either in the Village of Fairport or in the Village of Pittsford.
7. Not too far from the hotel is AMF Fairview Lanes Bowling Alley. Bowling is a great way to spend an afternoon!
8. A bit further from the hotel are some indoor trampoline parks.
*Adults should not worry that the indoor trampoline and laser tag destinations are for children. That couldn’t be farther from the truth! They are targeted just as much to adults! Trust us, we’ve been spotted at all!
10. If you are coming in on Friday and your spouse isn’t interested in the wine tasting and dinner, there is a Rochester Americans Hockey Game at the Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester.
There’s also a hockey game on Saturday night, as well as a Rochester Red Wings Baseball Game Saturday evening.
For assistance in helping your spouse plan a trip to any of these places while you are learning the day away, just ask! We will help!
Looking for more things for your spouse or family members to do while you’re at the meet-up? Check out the Top Ten Reasons to Visit Rochester, NY for links to several breweries and music shops or What’s Happening in Fairport? for a great place to get ice cream and take a walk along the canal!